Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Section View in Assembly

Bhana

is there a way to get a section Design view in assembly. Similar to Slice Graphics without generating a sketch.

Hi,

Press the "down arrow" in the Design View Representations button and choose "other...". Create a new design view representation and choose activate. Now you can set the design view as you like it by using the "section view" tool to slice it or hide different parts. I use this feature alot when working with assemblies because it helps me to quickly set the assembly in a state where i can see the specific features i want to edit. The design view is selectable when creating a drawing and will be identical in the drawing.

Cheers:D

Hi,

Press the "down arrow" on the Design View Representations button and choose "Other..". Create a new design view and choose activate. Set the design view using the section view tool. You can also hide parts you dont want to be visible. The design view is selectable when creating drawings and will be identical to the design view. Tip! The design view is very usefull to quickly set the assembly in state where only the feature you want to edit is visible, for example an assembly in an enclosure.

Cheers:D

There is a Section view command (Quarter,half,three quarter,end) in the
assembly mode. Please note that this section view is however only for viewing purpose and a idw cannot be generated.

Yes thats right the section view will not be visible in the drawing, sorry my misstake:eek: However the designviews, apart from the section view, will be represented in the drawing as in the model.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back