Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Sheetmetal drawing annotations

valtokrhm

Hi!

I'm using in Catia V6 sheetmetal drawings custom GVS for unfolded views. This GVS xml file (attached here) is made from Catia V5 and with this you can get bend annotations automatically to the unfolded view (explained in this video:
).

There is one problem with this bend annotation because there is a lot of text that is not necessary. Many times it's difficult to fit this annotations in drawing so it would be trimmed like figure below. In this figure upper annotation is automatically added with this xml file and below is my manually trimmed version.

Is there anyone here on the forum who understands coding enough to be able to fix that xml file?

My friend managed to fix it to format like R: 3mm 162deg Up. That much it's kind of easy to fix the xml file, but it would be good to remove the extra spaces and the sign : and the unit mm also.

Bend annotations.png

Attachments

• SheetMetalBendEdges_1.txt
    227.9 KB · Views: 0

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back