Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.
I want to know any command or key to view the 3D model in the different standard views.
Like in the Solidworks ctrl+1 for front view, ctrl+2 for back view are assigned.
Please tell me short keys for the same in the catia, if any?
yes you do have similar shortcuts in CATIA bit you need to configure it by yourself, i will attach a image with example and you can follow the same View attachment 1677
Go to the below path.
Tools --> Customize --> Commands --> select the command you want to customize (here i have selected *bottom) --> then click on show properties --> then in User Alias type "B" (desired shortcut ) and press enter key.
Late to the party, but if you'd still like to do this, this is how:
1. View>toolbars>customize>new. Name this whatever you want
2. Make sure this toolbar is opened
3. In the same customization window, >commands tab
4. Click and drag the front, back, etc. views into the toolbar
5. You can now make accelerations (shortcuts) for those views