Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

simple question: where exactly is transparency feature in SW

Per

I just want to make some parts transparent so I can visualize my assembly better, but I haven't been able to find the 'slider' under Tools>options>colors or using the Help feature in SW 2009 student.

Right click on the part in the assembly and select "Change transparency"

OR

Right click on the part, select "appearances", select if you want to set at part or assembly level, then in the appearance property manager, set the transparency level

I just want to make some parts transparent so I can visualize my assembly better, but I haven't been able to find the 'slider' under Tools>options>colors or using the Help feature in SW 2009 student.

If you right click on the part or assembly in either the design area or design tree, an option is there called 'Change Transparency' this is a semi transparent tool.

Or

Select the part or assembly, click the coloured ball type object at the top of the design area, then select a clear plastic from the right hand side appearances.

Hope this helps

CAD MAN

Right click part or assembly in the design area or design tree and select 'change transparency'.
:)

CAD MAN

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back