Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Simulation of carbon fibre Impregnation

Keyless

Hi Community,

I am currently studying Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering in Wales, UK. My final year project is about a compact machine which is able to impregnate carbon fibres. This should happens through the Siphon impregnation. The fibres and the resin go through a tube which is sinusoidal. Due to the tension on both sides the fibre is pressed through the epoxy resin at the curves.

I already worked with Catia therefore I would like to simulate the process in Catia. Is it possible to do this with Catia? I would like to see the fibre/matrix ratio after the process. If it is not possible with Catia do you know any other programms which are able to do this?

Best wishes

Matthias

Analysis

Hi,
I believe CATIA would not help you as it is not tailor made for Analysis.So i recommend you to go with other Analysis tools available in the Market such as Ansys,LS DYNA,Ansa,Hypermesh,Nastran.You will have to choose which FEA tool suits you need as some of them are meant for meshing and others are for solving.All the Best for your Project.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back