Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solid Body Contact problems

doucette

Hello Everyone,

I recently have designed a ratcheting system in solidworks. For the motion simulation I have used the solid body contact between the teeth of the ratchet and the switch. As well I have created a solid body contact between the switch and the outer ring. However when I am running the simulation the these bodies pass through one another and do not act as solid bodies. I was wondering if anyone was also having this problem and if there was any way to fix this.

Thank you

I had this same problem. By default the contact feature can not read your parts material properties. Consequently it assumes all your parts are made from acrylic. You need to modify the properties of the contact mate so it is a metal-metal contact, or if you can specify your own parameters. It might be an issue elsewhere, but this is how I solved it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back