Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solid Edge and Complex Holes

conjoa

Whilst working in the Part environment I want to create a Conveyer Pulley system. It consists of a Conveyer Bracket, Pulley, Spindle, Washers and a split pin. The Pulley is supported by the spindle which rests between two holes in the bracket. The bracket is free standing, i.e it has a base with two arms, the arms are supported by ribs and the arms tops are cycliners with holes in them for the spindle, the Pulley sits between the two arms.

I want to make a hole in the top of one of the arms so as to place the pin in to hold the spindle in place.

The problem is that when I select the hole option I can not select the top of the arm because it is acylcinder, I can only select the two flat faces, I want to select the curved surface.

And to make the whole thing harder the hole is tapped...

Any suggestions???

A small Claridication...

If I selct the hole tool and then parrallel plane, selecting the top plane and then using my mouse to select the top of the cylinder. I can draw the hole, but when I set the distance it gives me an error message saying that I have a zero thickness and that the resulting intersction is not supported.

Here is an Image of the part:

sc7src.jpg

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back