Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks 2012 center of mass in assembly.

Karlis

Hello everyone, I have drawn a carankshaft + connecting rod assembly in SolidWorks 2012 and when I ask it to calculate the center of mass it gives me coordinates X,Y,Z in milimeters. My question is: from where does it measure these coordinates? My goal is to obtain the mass center coordinates from the crankshaft's rotational axis in order to check if the assembly is in rotating balance. Is there any way I can do this? Currently I have assembled all the parts on this crankshaft center axis. So can I somehow make Solidworks to calculate the mass center coordinates from the axis I have put all the parts on? any information would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back