Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks, Graphics, Logos etc.

Cheezpie

Hello,

Can anyone explain to me how to put graphics / logo's onto a part I have created?

Currently I have parts that require screen printing images on and I use Solidworks for the part and CorelDraw for the graphics, when I import the coreldraw file into my part drawing I get it line up correctly but I don't know how to Link / give it a relationship to my part so when I start rotating my part the corel draw image just stays still.

Hello,

Can anyone explain to me how to put graphics / logo's onto a part I have created?

Currently I have parts that require screen printing images on and I use Solidworks for the part and CorelDraw for the graphics, when I import the coreldraw file into my part drawing I get it line up correctly but I don't know how to Link / give it a relationship to my part so when I start rotating my part the corel draw image just stays still.

If theres no answer to this, is there any easy way to put .bmp or .jpg or other format logos on to parts?

Yes, you can use decals. Look them up in the Solidworks Help.

However I don't know if you can do this with Solidworks Standard, you may need Professional or Premium to have this capability.

Also, in Solidworks 2010 decals have been improved to not be as finicky. So if you're on the latest version, you'll have even more fun!

There are a couple of ways to do it. You can import an image onto a sketch or you can make your image a "texture" and apply it to the surface.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back