Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.
when starting a simulation file, you will be asked to select a solver "nx nastran,ansys,abaqus...." (surely you should have the solver license, and have defined the correct file path of the executable)
Surely, one simulation file can have different solver methods. Simply insert a new solution with another solver.
general steps for fatigue (durability) analysis
1. create a FE model with results
2. define loading history
3. define fatigue material properties (SN curve)
5. get life and positions of failure
6. improve /optimize design (optional)
Thanks for above information
its really helps me a lot....
I have another 2 questions to ask :
1) 4 input derivation as below
2) if let say my fatigue test is used on leaf spring by using constant amplitude loading . Can this constant amplitude loading being apply in NX6 fatigue analysis ?
Anyone can show me the way to derive below inputs ? These 4 inputs are necessary needed in the Fatigue-specific material properties .
• Fatigue Strength Coefficient (Derive from stress life curve)
• Fatigue Strength Exponent (Derive from stress life curve)
• Fatigue Ductility Coefficient (Derive From strain life curve)
• Fatigue Ductility Exponent (Derive From strain life curve)