To design and manufacture today's complex plastic components, product designers are under tremendous pressure to produce robust designs at a minimum cost and in the fastest possible time. Leading author David Wright wrote in his book titled “Failure of Plastics and Rubber Products” that design issues account for almost 20% of product failures. The fact is that many errors that manifest themselves as material, tooling or processing can also be accounted to due to design issues. Conventional plastic flow simulation does not necessarily help diagnose and avoid common design issues.
Decisions made at the design stage impacts manufacturing quality, product cost, and delivery lead times. Taking a proactive approach by including Six Sigma philosophy upfront into the early design stage can help develop high quality, profitable products eventually bringing sustained value to customers and markets.
During the webinar, presenters will discuss the Design for Six Sigma philosophy and best practices and tools for its incorporation into new plastic product development.
Why Should You Attend?
• Understand DFSS concept and popular methodologies such as DMAIC and DMADV
• Learn how to use DFSS Methodology in early part of plastic product design lifecycle
• Applying DFSS techniques and tools such as DFMPro for successful DFSS implementation
Who Should Attend?
• Design Engineers/Managers/VPs
• Manufacturing Engineers/Managers/VPs
• Production and Process Engineers
• Quality Engineers/Managers/VPs
Note: This webinar is being hosted by Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) and sponsored by Geometric Americas Inc. Participation is free of charge, however pre-registration is required. Please reserve your space by registering below