Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Stop sketches being consumed by feature

seank

I've got a lofted surface - 2 profiles, 2 guide curves.

I want to add a 3rd guide curve between the two profiles - and referenced to them.

But the 4 sketches are consumed by the loft feature and although I've found how to insert my 3rd guide curve amongst the sketches - expand the feature and drag the insert line to the appropriate point - its a real faff and requires you to unhide the various elements.

Can I simple stop the sketches being consumed in the 1st place so they stay in order in the feature list?

Cheers, Sean

SolidWorks Sketches are Reusable

Hello:

Sketches in SolidWorks are re-usable though they are a child of another feature. If more than one feature uses a sketch, that becomes a shared sketch.

You can also use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste sketches and then establish different relationships, as well. Instead of controlling the view of every sketch, I would suggest you to use the show/hide option under Views for sketches to view them or hid them as you work.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back