Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Structural Members In Weldments

robbinz2121

I'm using Solidworks 2009. Most of my skills are in AutoCad but I got Solidworks about a year ago to play around with.

The question I have is, is it possible to add more structural members to the Structural members option under weldments. I've figured out how to make my 3d sketches and can get the standard options to work but they're not what I need. I'm looking for 6 x 2 x 0.25 Tubing.

Looking around online I found a way to get the sketch of 6 x 2 x 0.25 tubing and extrude it myself but there's gotta be a way to use the 6 x 2 the same way the "default" tubings and other members can be used.

This is explained fairly well in the Solidworks Help, and to be honest I wouldn't know it off the top of my head neither the precise steps, I too don't think it's that intuitive to add profiles to the library of structural members.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back