Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Subtract one part from another in ST2

Entropic

I am trying to model a part for a molding and due to the shape ST won't allow me to apply drafts where I want them. I've tried various methods with no success. The only thing left I can think of trying, is to create the drafts as a different part, place them both in an assembly together and delete one part from the other. I know I can do this in other software but don't know how do do it in ST2 as i'm a fairly new user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Mark

I am trying to model a part for a molding and due to the shape ST won't allow me to apply drafts where I want them. I've tried various methods with no success. The only thing left I can think of trying, is to create the drafts as a different part, place them both in an assembly together and delete one part from the other. I know I can do this in other software but don't know how do do it in ST2 as i'm a fairly new user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark

Few options
1- Have you consider the use of Part copy? then make a boolean operation?

To insert a part copy, under the Select tool group look for the icon that looks like a blue cube with a chain.

The boolean operation can be found une the Surfacing tab, in the replace face group.

2- Since you talk about the assemly, in the sameple as the part copy, you will find in assembly mode when you edit a part in place the inter-part copy fucntion

Once you have place a interpart copy, same as previous, use the boolean

Can you share the file?​

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Sans titre2.jpg
    Sans titre2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 7

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back