Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

tapered sheet metal tub with mitered flanges

Jimyou

Hi
I am new to this forum. I am after solidworks sheet metal tech advice.
I am trying to draw a rectangular tub bent out of 3 separate sheets that I can make a flat pattern out of , two sheets are used to draw the shorter end walls and one sheet which I will call the body, is used for the base and sides. None of the walls are perpendicular to the base, they are all angled so the tub tapers outward toward the top of the tub. The top edges of the side and end walls have an L shaped outward protruding mitered flange.

The miter flange tool doesn't seem to work with the tapered side and end walls. I tried converting a solid to sheet metal but the rip tool wont rip sketches at the intersections of the mitered flange on the face that is parallel to the base. I have tried cutting this intersection with an extrusion cut but it still won't convert to sheet metal.

I have attached a pdf drawing of the tub

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Attachments

• 3 m trough body 3.PDF
    51.8 KB · Views: 5

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back