Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

time iesmoh

Anakin45

How can I perform a section using 4 points? Or better yet how can I section the exercise drawing showing the same section view? Please images attached.

The guide I've attached with the picture gave a different result....The section plane looks wrong there...Is it because of the UCS or I have just clicked on the wrong points...?

Can someone look at it please.

I managed to do a section using 2 points. See below. Although I managed to do it, can you guys check if it's correct..?

What may be the best procedure on how to create section views in 3D..?

jDSTEsG.png

csOaPzZ.png

w7tl5gU.png

I managed to do it in two parts via 2 points, both using the slice command. Please see images below.

K8zqHpr.png

m1qDI30.png

GmaRHYO.png

nx26SIJ.png

tBIfKYK.png

JPjVAOU.png

I still do not know how to use the Section command to do the kind of section with the said exercise drawing using the instructions given....

In addition I can't do a 3-point slice also...the result still shows the same as that of what I do with 2-points. Can someone help me where to place the points correctly when using Slice > 3 points?

Plus I am completely blank as to how I can use a Slice > Surface..I do not know what to select or how I can select a specified surface :(

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back