Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

toothed pulley

ptibruno

Hi gents,
I'm quiet new user with solidworks, and I'm facing an issue drawing a toothed pulley. I want to use a toothed belt with teeth every 10mm.
I'm wondering the process to do the pulley, due to size constraint I need a pulley with a radius from 45 to 55mm, using a radius of 50.9 i should be able to design a pulley with 32 teeth.

Once the pulley without teeth is done, can anyone tell me wich function or method can i use to get a teeth every 10mm? I've tried by using the angle but not very acurate.

thanks
Bruno

First, to get the correct number of teeth with 10mm each, trace an arc of 90°. Don't add the radius dimension.
next, split this arc in 8 parts, and add an "equal curve length" relation on the eight elements.
Capture d’écran 2021-05-04 172756.pngCapture d’écran 2021-05-04 172944.pngCapture d’écran 2021-05-04 173331.png
and last, add a dimension for the perimeter of an arc circle (for this, when applying the dimension, you click first on the circle, and next on each of the extremities of the arc.
Capture d’écran 2021-05-04 173503.png

And that's all folks.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back