Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Unfolded Section View With Circular Section Line

Carrera911xc

Hello everyone,

I have been pulling my hair out for the past few days trying to figure out how to create an unfolded section view in which the section line has curvature. I have a feature on my part which was modeled using a sweep whose path was 3 dimensional and I am attempting to capture at least two of the dimensions in one view.

Based on other drawings we have made before, it appears that up until now we have been breaking an arc curve into many little segments and simply chaining the points to create the section line. Not only is this tedious but the view itself is inaccurate as all the dimensions end up having to be manually modified.

Does anyone have any experience in section views which can define swept geometry?

Thank you in advance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back