Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Unused parts in assemblies

MIKE VALENTINE

Hi, First time poster, I tried to use the search function on this thread with no luck. I can't figure out an easy way to find and delete unused parts left over after deleting configuration from an assembly. I have parts left over that aren't being used in any of my configurations/assemblies. But I'm finding it difficult to find which parts they are and deleting them. I want to reduce to file size and just clean them up.
Thanks in advance
Mike

hi, first time poster, i tried to use the search function on this thread with no luck. I can't figure out an easy way to find and delete unused parts left over after deleting configuration from an assembly. I have parts left over that aren't being used in any of my configurations/assemblies. But i'm finding it difficult to find which parts they are and deleting them. I want to reduce to file size and just clean them up.
Thanks in advance
mike

used pack & go save to new folder
you will have all your parts you want in the new folder
the old folder a can delete

WBORGELT, Thanks for the responce, but if I use Pack and Go I won't be able to get it back into my PDM software as the same part number.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back