Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Using Formula Function

Raheem

Hi all

I need an info pertaining to formula function.

For example: I have created a model with 15 Parameters with different values. I have to reduce all the 15 Parameters by 1 mm, how can i reflect this on CATIA using a function so that all different Parameters are reduced by 1 mm without manually changing them all one at a time.

TIA

CATIA parameters don't work like that. You would have to write an equation (formula) for each of the 15 parameters to change their values, so it would be much easier to just change them one-by-one. Is this something you plan to do frequently?

One thought I had, was to create a Design Table in Excel based on the CATIA parameters. Using Excel, you could easily change all the values which would feed back and update the CATIA parameters.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the reply. Yes,the modifications will be done often just to check the results and obtain a solution in a less time . I understand that by individually changing them also works but needs time, and hence i was wondering if all parameters needs to be inc/dec by 1 mm, if it could be done faster minimising the time.

If you already have the parameters in the CATIA model, making the Design Table is easy. Then you can create different configurations of your design with different values for each parameter based on Excel formulas. Save everything for future changes.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back