Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

V5 Graphics problem - part rolling around

ok, Im having trouble finding the words to describe this.

When I'm looking straight down on a surface that has holes that are normal to the surface, I can see the edges of the holes.

If I lock the view normal to the surface and slide it around I can see different edges of the surfaces. Its as if the part is rolling around me.

In the same session of Catia I dropped the part into a new product it started behaving normally.

I've attached a few pictures to try and better show what is happening.part.jpgboth.jpgtopright.jpgproduct.jpg

What you are describing (and have captured in the pictures) is the Perspective viewing mode. To change this, click on View in the top menu, choose the Render Style option and then choose Parallel on the bottom of the list.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back