Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Weld Symbol in Drafting

omidshekari

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with weld symbols in drafting. when I use annotation to create a weld symbol the numbers included in it should be entered by myself not automatically. But I've seen my friends and teacher that whenever they do the same, the numbers and dimensions of the weld are automatically filled and these numbers are not separately editable, I mean you should first change the part so that the drafting would update itself and match, just like other normal dimensions of the PART. what should I do to fix this?

The Welding Symbol tool in the CATIA Drafting workbench allows you to add/edit the annotations at many different locations on the symbol.

WELD SYMBOL.JPG

Maybe the teacher had previously added the annotations to another weld symbol, and CATIA just repeated the same annotations?

Last edited:
why not auto filled?!

The Welding Symbol tool in the CATIA Drafting workbench allows you to add/edit the annotations at many different locations on the symbol.

View attachment 1170

Maybe the teacher had previously added the annotations to another weld symbol, and CATIA just repeated the same annotations?

Maybe you're right. but apart from this why even on earth the Catia itself doesn't fill the gaps just like any other normal dimensions?!
it's really silly if you have a weld with a specified design and dimensions, and want to put other dimensions on the symbol !!! whats the use? any user would definitely want to have the dimension on the symbol which match the part dimensions.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back