Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

What is the meaning of double dimensions and radius here?

kingston123

In this bottle diagram bottle.jpg, we can see double dimensions are given i.e 95.5 & 97.2 and some radius also given.

What is the meaning of double dimensions and radius here? I mean how to understand it? Are radius are fillets or chamfer?

I am confused with this bottle sketch.

The double dimensions seem to be locating the tangencies between all the curves. This seems odd to me, but maybe it's helpful in the bottle making industry?

The radius dimensions are the circular arcs. Definitely not chamfers.

I am confused by this drawing also!

Last edited:
I successfully constructed the half picture without circular arcs. 1.JPG

Now tell me how to add circular arcs to this diagram?

The reference drawing does not have any dimensions for the diameter of the bottle. Where did you get the 40 dimension on the top of the bottle?

Using the 40 dimension as a starting place, I guess start adding the arcs from the top down to the bottom. You know where the arc starts and stops, and the size of each arc. So, add a 3-point arc close to where it goes, and then constrain the top point and it's tangency, constrain the arc radius, and trim the arc to the dimensioned height. Add a vertical line down to the next height. Then repeat the 3-point arc steps.

This will not be easy, but I think you will be able to create the shape this way. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I took it randomly. Is it wrong? If wrong then tell me correct dimension on the top of the bottle.

Okay, that's good. (I thought I was missing something)

I am very confused about this 3 point arc thing. Just give me one example tutorial picture how to add a 3 point arc.

There are many ways to draw the shape, but I thought using 3-Point Arcs would be an easy way based on how the bottle is dimensioned.

The 3-Pt Arc command is part of the Circle toolbar: CIRCLE TOOLBAR.jpg

Each arc is drawn with 3 points: 3 PT ARC.jpg

After you've drawing the arc, you need to constrain it's size, starting point, ending point/length, and starting tangency

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back