Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Wing stall angle on solidworks - Flow simulation

Arthur972

Hello,

I am in the first year of Preparatory Class and I am trying to reproduce, using Flow simulation, the polars (lift and drag coefficients according to the angle of attack of the wing).

I have done several studies on Solidworks with the same wing profile segment but I get a wing stall much too late (around 30 ° instead of 15 ° -18 °).

I have different questions:

1- I carried out a study without tunnel (or boxes) around the pieces of wing profile and I wonder how that changes the result of putting one in the simulation of solidworks? (because with a kind of tunnel I can set up a wind over a large area at the entrance and environmental pressure at the exit) I tried and I found the same in drag force but lift force is too small...

2- Attached a spreadsheet where I entered the lift and drag forces given by solidworks at different angles of attack, and I plotted the drag coefficient and lift curves in depending on the angle of attack. Problem: The wing stall happens much later than expected as can be seen on the graph (right on the spreadsheet), I checked everything and I do not understand how it is possible. Especially on the surface visualizations proposed by solidworks (in speed and pressure) I can see perfectly well the turbulent zone behind the wing decreases but not the lift force!

I tried everything, global, surface, volume objective to try to see a difference but nothing helped!

Hope you can advance my problem.

Thank you in advance !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (125).png
    Capture d’écran (125).png
    102.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture d’écran (126).png
    Capture d’écran (126).png
    107.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture d’écran (129).png
    Capture d’écran (129).png
    100 KB · Views: 1