Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Wrong value of ExtMin

NirVid

I have received a drawing (It seems I can't upload the file) from one of my clients. (I have removed geometry to maintain confidentiality. But it retains the essence of problem that I have). I have to write VB/A program that extracts data from this drawing. For that I need to know the extents of the drawing.
The system variable ExtMin shows a value of X (98331) which is greater than the X (92817) of min. point (left bottom corner of the border) of existing geometry.
I have tried everything (purge, overkill, audit, recover) but can't find a way to correct the value of ExtMin.

Assuming that this drawing is corrupt and can't be recovered, then I have another problem. How can I programatically find that the ExtMin value of this drawing is wrong and hence this drawing is corrupt.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back