Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Inserting a chain path into machine assembly

psyc0tic1

Ok... Solidworks 2017

I have this machine I am designing that picks up weight and sets it back down (short explanation)

I have the machine assembly containing the frame, weighted bar, motor/gearbox, and shaft.

I made a chain path with ANSi roller chain on it and the chain travels as desired. (Capture1.jpg)
Capture1.JPG

When I add the chain path assembly to the machine assembly and try to move the chain it will not move. If I mate the connection link to the sprocket on the shaft, the sprocket will turn but the chain path just rotates and the chain will not slide on the path (Capture2.jpg)
Capture2.JPG

Is there anyone willing to help me accomplish this assembly?

I need the chain to attach to the vertical linear rod and wrap around the sprocket so when the linear rod moves up and down, the chain will follow it and rotate the sprocket.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back