Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3d accuracy and clash

jomercillo

Hi guys, Im modeling a part of the structure of a plane in Catia. After having done half of it, I was checking constantly there wasn't any clash while assembling the parts and I didn't have any problems, until I changed the value in Tools-Options-General-Display-Performance-3D accuracy-Proportial from 0.2 to 0.01 because I wanted to see curves (circles, holes..) with more precision. After I did that, some clashes appeared and its really frustrating because for much I check the measures in the parts with clash, everything is alright... even tried with Remove from Assembly Features to erase the part was making the clash, and didn't work neither...
If I go back to 0.2 in 3D accuracy- Proportional, everything become good again... As I'm doing my final project for my studies, I'm wondering if I should leave that parameter as default and not having clashes problems or I should set 0.01 to have more precision details and find a way to fix clash.

What would you recommend me? :)

Really thanks for all of you guys in advance!

3d accuracy (sag) and Clash

Hi guys, Im modeling a part of the structure of a plane in Catia. After having done half of it, I was checking constantly there wasn't any clash while assembling the parts and I didn't have any problems, until I changed the value in Tools-Options-General-Display-Performance-3D accuracy-Proportial from 0.2 to 0.01 because I wanted to see curves (circles, holes..) with more precision. After I did that, some clashes appeared and its really frustrating because for much I check the measures in the parts with clash, everything is alright... even tried with Remove from Assembly Features to erase the part was making the clash, and didn't work neither...
If I go back to 0.2 in 3D accuracy- Proportional, everything become good again... As I'm doing my final project for my studies, I'm wondering if I should leave that parameter as default and not having clashes problems or I should set 0.01 to have more precision details and find a way to fix clash.

What would you recommend me? :)

Really thanks for all of you guys in advance!

I don't think the 3D Accuracy setting for performance will effect the interference calculations in CATIA.

To make sure you don't have interference, you could take a section cut through some of the parts:
a. add a section plane and then use the Intersection tool in GSD, or
b. make a Section View in a drawing

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back