Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

3D Section Fill Color

GTnTX

I am using CATIA V5.21. When I create a 3D section in an assembly all the part fills are the same color. How do I get it to do the fills in the native color of the parts?

The Space Analysis license (SPA) is required for this. In the Sectioning window, under the Results tab is an option to turn on/off the fill (paint can icon).

Last edited:
I have the SPA license. When I these steps the fill follows the native part color in the secondary window, but not in the volume cut of the assembly. I would like to have the native colors in the assembly volume cut for use in presentations. Any suggestions?

With the FILL option (paint can icon) active, it should fill in the native color in the 3D window. Are you getting the wrong colors, or the same color on every part?

(I currently don't have access to the SPA license to check this out)

Open the options menu under Tools->Options. Select "Mechanical Design" -> "Assembly Design" in the options tree. Go to the "DMU Sectioning" tab and make sure "Allow measures on a section created with a simple plane" is deactivated.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back