Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Additional XYZ Coordinates system when moving part

rpjd

When moving a part in assembly, I choose the rotate option then select the part. For some reason another XYZ coordinates system appears on the part. When I start rotating the part about a selected axis, it now rotates around two different axis points, causing the whole assembly to rotate, not just the selected part. Is there a way of preventing this additional XYZ appearing? Is this a known issue?

When moving a part in assembly, I choose the rotate option then select the part. For some reason another XYZ coordinates system appears on the part. When I start rotating the part about a selected axis, it now rotates around two different axis points, causing the whole assembly to rotate, not just the selected part. Is there a way of preventing this additional XYZ appearing? Is this a known issue?

The function of Rotate is to rotate the entire view of the assembly.
If you want to move part, you could use the Move Part feature in Assembly Command toolbar.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back