Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Advanced mold/cast tutorial

Hello

Is there any Mold,cast tutorial around? I really need one :/

What i need to do is a turbocharger at work,But im pretty lost on how to create the turbine shape (Snail shape)! I need to create one from another model.The problem is that its to heavy and its just a dummy (Solid) with no pads and bodys and so on......Yeah i bet you know what i mean.I need to create the outer shell and remove the inside.I thought the best way to do this is to create a new model.The problem is that i have tried everything i know! And it might be to much to explain ? So i was hoping there was a tutorial on something quite similar to this?

Not sure about a tutorial.

But for your turbocharger; take a look at the Spiral and Helix commands in the GSD workbench. That should get you started.

Last edited:
Thanks i have been trying both shapes.The problem is that the spiral is going in a flat direction.I need it to turn outwards to the end of the shape if you know what i mean? how can i get the twist with and slight angle outwards ?

Thanks a lot for the reply Mrcatia!

(sorry for the delay - this website is acting strangely recently)

The "twist on the end" might be as simple as adding a Line to the end of the Sprial and then adding a 3D Corner to eliminate the sharp angle.

Or, you might have to use the Parallel Curve with a Law defining the "twist"

Thanks!

Thank you this is what I was looking for for about a month.

(sorry for the delay - this website is acting strangely recently)

The "twist on the end" might be as simple as adding a Line to the end of the Sprial and then adding a 3D Corner to eliminate the sharp angle.

Or, you might have to use the Parallel Curve with a Law defining the "twist"

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back