Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Beginners hinge mate

andyg

Evening all,

Hi I'm struggling with a hinge type mate so if you please a little help will be greatly appreciated....

I have a frame sitting inside a reveal in a wall with two pins sticking out of the frame top and bottom to go into the wall and work as a simple hinge. I can mate everything to work fine as just a normal hinge mate however the frame does not touch the wall it sits central with a 20mm gap all the way around it, so when I chose the "coincidence selections" in the hinge mate tab the face of the frame touches the reveal. How can I combine the hinge mate but still keep the result of the width mate that puts the frame central into the the reveal with its 20mm gap all the way around the outside.

Soildworks 2012 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back