Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Beginners question - Drafting workbench

Bert

Hello. I started to learn CATIA V5 since this January, and I have this beginners question about Drafting workbench. (I'm currently teaching myself about the workbench, which I missed to learn during my training period.)

I have got a Front view, Right view, Bottom view, etc. and I want to put all of the views in the frame at a time but I have no idea. Would anybody advise me how to make it?

I have got the views by View Creation Wizard, but they just didn’t fit in the frame. Everything is too big for that. - I would like to know any other way but edit the scale one by one.

Thank you in advance,
Bert

Attachments

• 0521_kendama.bmp
    271.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The obvious question: are you using the maximum paper size?

I don't normally use the View Wizard, so I can't answer without trying it. I do know that if you change the scale of the first view, all the children views will be the same scale as you project them from that first view.

(I'll try the View Wizard tomorrow when I'm back in the office)

MrCATIA,

Thank you for the note.

Yes, I'm using the maximum paper size.

I tried to change the scale of the front view (which is my first view) but the rest of the other views didn't go together with it. Am I getting it wrong?

(I'm currently teaching myself about drafting workbench without an instructor, so I may be asking silly things here.)

The obvious question: are you using the maximum paper size?

I don't normally use the View Wizard, so I can't answer without trying it. I do know that if you change the scale of the first view, all the children views will be the same scale as you project them from that first view.

(I'll try the View Wizard tomorrow when I'm back in the office)

no, you're not doing it wrong. That's just the way CATIA works

to change the scale of all the views....

Use Ctrl to select all the views from the tree, right-click and choose Properties, key-in a new scale factor and OK. All the selected views will change in one step.

Last edited:
to preset the view scale before you use the View Wizard.....

Start a new drawing. Right-click on SHEET.1 and choose the Properties option, and key-in the scale that you want to use. Now use the View Wizard to add all the views at the pre-determined scale factor

Thank you, MrCATIA! Your advice is perfect. I could make it alright.

I have two manuals at hand (English and Japanese) but there's nothing like that being described about how to preset the view scale & change the scale of all views at a time... thank you so much!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back