Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Bend from flat over arc profile not line

mahmoudxp

Hello all

How can i bend a plate in gsd over an arc profile? in bend from flat i can bend over a line profile not arc.

Thank You

Not sure I understand your question. Could you provide a picture?

Usually, parts are modeled in the final, bent shape, and then flattened (unwrapped) to get the flat pattern.

I did a quick search, and discovered this video: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...E6ADEA04C7804D1E9A88E6ADEA04C7804D1&FORM=VIRE

Bend From Flat must be a recent addition to the CATIA Sheetmetal workbench. (I had never heard of it before, so thanks for asking about it)

The video seems pretty self-explanatory. I don't think this tool is available in the GSD workbench.

The Sheetmetal workbench is normally used for flat parts with straight bends; so I don't think it can be used with arcs and curves.

As I said before, you will probably have to model the final part first. With the Develop license, you can Unfold the GSD surface into it's flat shape.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back