Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

bom table qty to A/R

L

lmrriley

I want to change the quantity in the bom table to A/r or Ref. I know I have done it in the past using relations. Can anyone help me?

I think what you want is the REPEAT REGION RELATION:

if asm_mbr_name =="whatever the part name is"
rpt.qty=A/r
endif

Rui

lmrriley said:
I want to change the quantity in the bom table to A/r or Ref. I know I have done it in the past using relations. Can anyone help me?

Set qty as A/R

What you need to do is to go to the part file properties. Select the custom properties tab.
Under the property name pull-down, select and add the following:

SE_ASSEMBLY_QUANTITY_OVERRIDE
SE_ASSEMBLY_QUANTITY_STRING

The value for ...Override should be "text" and STRING should be"A/R".

If you want the quantity to be blank, set the value for STRING as a space.

How to Replace Qty with A/R

My company uses the following two logical (yes/no) parameters to change the rpt_qty to a text string depending on its use: DASH and BULK_ITEM. DASH is normally used on a line when an item has been deleted from a previous revision, and BULK_ITEM is used when the part is used "as required". The following is an excerpt from our table relations used to set this up. Be aware, however, to use the parameters this way, that they must be in your parts, or NONE :eek: of the information in your table will show up for a part that does not have these parameters.

NUM = rpt_qty

IF EXISTS ("ASM_MBR_BULK_ITEM")
IF EXISTS ("ASM_MBR_DASH")
IF ASM_MBR_DASH == YES
NUM = "-"
ELSE
IF ASM_MBR_BULK_ITEM == YES
NUM = "AR"
else
NUM = rpt_qty
ENDIF
ENDIF