Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

catia 2d drafting auto dimensions

pavanabatchu

While in catia 2d drafting workbench, i am not getting icon ,that if clicked ,displays a window 'Dimension generation filters'. how to display that toolbar or toolbar icon?and because of this i am unable to generate dimensions automatically.
thanx pavan.

This icon is in the Visualization toolbar and is normally found on the bottom menu bar.

To turn this menu on/off, use click View + Toolbars in the top menu bar, and check/uncheck Visualization (bottom of list)

Last edited:
Dimension generation filters

I turned the menu on by checking Visualization ToolBar, but even if i click any of its icons, i am unable to generate the dimensions filters automaticallly and the 'Dimension generation filters' window is not showing still.

None of the commands in the Visualization toolbar create any geometry. These commands change how things are displayed to help you understand how your drawing was created.

The Filter Generated Elements is for geometry only (not dimensions). Lines and curves that were added to the drawing manually are the normal color & brightness, while lines and curves that were generated (within each view) are shown as a dull gray color. If you have to modify a drawing, this helps you understand if you have to change drawing geometry or part geometry.

I'm not familiar with the "Dimension Generated Filters" you are asking about. Where did you learn about this command? The Generated Dimensions Analysis tool does include a Dimension Analysis in 2D option that hightlights different types of dimensions. The Analysis Display Mode option (in the Visualization toolbar) colors dimensions based on the dimension type.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back