Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Assembly Problem!!!

gfabian

Hello guys! I have a problem involving a Catia product. When i upload the product it won't show some components. I've checked the links and they're good. When i enter the components part files they don't appear either. Only when i select Define in Work Object they appear. I save and close the file but if i try again they dissapear.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much!

We are having the same problem (occassionaly) where I work, with R21. (which release are you using?) Components are missing in the assembly and the drawing. We found if we Exit and restart CATIA, all the parts are shown.

If that doesn't help, check; Hide/Show, Scenes, Layers and Visualization filters, Overload Properties.

Well, i work with R22. The thing is that it worked on my computer where i designed the product, then i copied the files onto another computer and replaced the links. I've checked and use hide/show but no result. I opened the parts individually, but they didn't appear as well even though they were visible according to the tree.

If the parts don't appear when you open them individually, they won't show up in the assembly either.

Here's a couple things to check:

1. Verify the part is not hidden. Use the Graphic Properties Wizard to understand why something looks like it does)

2. Make sure the Part Body is active (right-click on the Part Body, and choose Define In Work Object)

3. click on the View menu (top of window) and verify there's a check in front of Geometry

4. Tools + Options + Infrastructure + Part infrastructure + Display tab: make sure ONLY THE CURRENT OPERATED SOLID and ONLY CURRENT BODY options are not active (orange)

.... then i copied the files onto another computer and replaced the links.

If you used Windows to copy the files, that could be the problem.

Hopefully there is a common folder that both computers have access to? Instead of Windows, use CATIA File + Send To or File + Save Management to move/copy all the files and maintain good links.

Also, check your Search Order to make sure CATIA is looking in the correct folder for all the files.

(I'm assuming you are not using a PLM system to manage your CATIA data)

Last edited:
Yes, the 2 computers are on the same server and i used Save Management to copy them. When i enter the parts individually, they appear only when i select from the Define in Work Set in the Tools Toolbar Geometrical.Set. Then the parts appear in their part file and in the product file. I save and exit, but when i reenter they disappear again.

4. Tools + Options + Infrastructure + Part infrastructure + Display tab: make sure ONLY THE CURRENT OPERATED SOLID and ONLY CURRENT BODY options are not active (orange)

Make sure you have turned off both the options above

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back