Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Beginner - multiple extract

Sally Alzaim

Hi everyone. I am new to Catia converting from the much more friendly Solidworks.

I am doing a multiple extract to a bunch surfaces but if I select one by accident how can I find it again to deselect it (If I select 100 and notice one selected by error half way through). On solidworks you can just click it again to deselect and it's driving me nuts on Catia!!

Just like SolidWorks, you can click the surface again to de-select it with CATIA V5.

You can also select the Multi-Select icon (looks like a bag of marbles) and then choose the surface from the list of surfaces.

If you are using some type of propagation, the surface might have been selected automatically. If this is the case, you should change the propagation type before you try to de-select the surface.

Last edited:
In the window the "add" button is selected by default. Choose the "remove" button and then select the entities that you want to be deselected. You can then toggle back to add if need be.

I have tried clicking the surface again but it doesn't deselect it. Currently I have to find that surface on the list and click the remove button which is impossible if you have 100 surfaces? Am I doing something wrong?

Can you just Delete the extracted surface you don't want?

ooops - I just realized you're asking about Multi-Extract, not Extract. Sorry :(

Last edited:
not when you do a multiple extract as they are all joint together! seems like such a simple things for Catia not to be able to do?!

I use the remove button and can deselect the surface in the graphical window versus the list. I am on v5r29, so maybe they made that better. If you dont have that option, I would put your 100 plus surface into a new geometric set, disassemble it, delete your extra surface or two, and then join all the surfaces in that geoset.

Disassemble command will turn your one surface into 100 surfaces, and the join command turns your 99 surfaces into 1.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back