Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Export issue

papalaz

Okay I'm sorry for the shameless first post that asks a question, but I am pulling my hair out trying to find an answer..

I normally dont use Catia at work, but I am in a situation where a customer has sent us some Catia files. Our CAM software needs ideally a Step file to import.

I have opened the file from the customer it appears it is a CATPart file but it is in the format of "FILENAME.CAT.NC.model"
I thought it would be as simple as opening in Catia going to File>save as then selecting *.STP and done

the problem is Save and Save As are greyed out so I am unable to perform this task.

I am completely in a bind, as I have 28 models to import and a boss breathing down my neck if I cant get it done.

any help appreciated

John

Oh we have Catia V5R19 incase it is important

Okay I'm sorry for the shameless first post that asks a question, but I am pulling my hair out trying to find an answer..

I normally dont use Catia at work, but I am in a situation where a customer has sent us some Catia files. Our CAM software needs ideally a Step file to import.

I have opened the file from the customer it appears it is a CATPart file but it is in the format of "FILENAME.CAT.NC.model"
I thought it would be as simple as opening in Catia going to File>save as then selecting *.STP and done

the problem is Save and Save As are greyed out so I am unable to perform this task.

I am completely in a bind, as I have 28 models to import and a boss breathing down my neck if I cant get it done.

any help appreciated

John

Oh we have Catia V5R19 incase it is important

Hi.
open it in CNC workbench.
Expand the History tree, the one with (+), it will display the parts, and the stocks there. The rest is the NC programs.

r.
zihad
mycatiav5.blogspot.com

File conversion

Hi John,

Please open the file in CATIAV5. Open an another new Part File. Copy and paste the part body into the new file part body. I don't think you can save it as an stp. you will be only able to save it as an igs. any way try it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back