Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA V5 machining cutting tool creation

rogerio

Hello,

I am creating a catalog for CNC cutting tools in CATIA V5. I have created a tool of type MfgSquareInsert and entered the following info on a csv file

1)

ENDCHAPTER NC TOOLS
Keywords MFG_NAME_BAS MFG_NAME MFG_TOOL_NUMBER MFG_INSCRIB_DIAM MFG_INSERT_LGTH MFG_INSERT_THICK MFG_NOSE_RADIUS
Types String String Integer LENGTH LENGTH LENGTH LENGTH
MfgSquareInsert My_Name 1 4in 4in 2in 2in

C:\Data\Part1.CATPart (The location the 3d representation is located on my machine)

2) I use the script provided on the CATIA help documentation to create the catalog and it seems to work.
3) The square tool wiill ne used for inspection only
4) When I open CATIA and I search for the tool in the advanced machinng workbench, I find the catalog created above but the tool can not be found

What am I doing wrong here? Please help!!

Rogerio,

I don't have any experience with NC tools and how to build a catalog. I suggest you post your question on the COE Discussion Forum. There is a very active MFG forum there just for NC questions like yours.

http://www.coe.org/p/fo/si/topic=108

Last edited:
You do have to register, but the Discussion Forum is free for all registered users. There are some areas that require a paid membership in order to access those areas.

You do have to register, but the Discussion Forum is free for all registered users. There are some areas that require a paid membership in order to access those areas.

I have been using the COE website for a long time, and it appears they have changed their policy. I apologize in advance if I posted the wrong information.

It does appear that you must be a paying member in order to post in the COE forum. However, there is also an "Academia" membership that might work for you, Rogerio, since you are a student.

I didn't find any information about membership cost.

I will try to contact the COE headquarters to get a better understanding of their current policy.

Last edited:
I have been using the COE website for a long time, and it appears they have changed their policy. I apologize for the false information I posted above.

It does appear that you must be a paying member in order to post in the COE forum. However, there is also an "Academia" membership that might work for you, Rogerio, since you are a student.

I didn't find any information about membership cost.

I will try to contact the COE headquarters to get a better understanding of their current policy.

Alright, thanks a lot for you help!

Here's the response from COE when I asked them if Forum users had to pay:

"They do NOT have to be a paying member for the Forums. They do have to register (it helps keep out the spam).

"They do need to be a paying member to access premium content such as the Ask The Expert Webinars, Conference Proceedings, etc."

Try the COE registration process again, and ask your catalog question in the MFG forum. There are several users who will be glad to help you.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back