Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia Valve

thilag1981

Herewith i enclosed a valve part
Proe file - finished stage,
Catia file - Semi finished can be continued,
IGES - - finished stage,

In Proe there is one command called Variable Section Sweep which can capable of sweep only one section along the `N'no. of guides and 1 Spine (Center curve).

I tried this by using Multisection solid the Skecth 3 (Radius 39 mm circle) as Section, Section 7 (Center curve) and Section 6, 8, 9 & 10 as guides. But i can't get the result. If anybody know that how to do this, kindly guide me.

thanks in advance

thilag
mcup

Note :
1) enclosed in winzip file,
2) Winzip file is not password locked,
3) Please understand that iam not asking anybody to do work, just it is to explore and manifest your skills and it will enhance all other (our) Skills. Also note that this is voluntary, not compulsary

Attachments

• catia valve.zip
    866 KB · Views: 23
After taking a quick look at the IGES file, I would like to propose a much simplier modeling approach that results in this final design:
valve.jpg

This was achieved by creating a Shaft based on Sketch.10 in a separate body, and the splitting the Shaft with the profile in Sketch.8. Roundoff the sharp edge. Then do a Boolean Add to combine this shape with the rest of the valve.

In Proe there is one command called Variable Section Sweep which can capable of sweep only one section along the `N'no. of guides and 1 Spine (Center curve).

I tried this by using Multisection solid the Skecth 3 (Radius 39 mm circle) as Section, Section 7 (Center curve) and Section 6, 8, 9 & 10 as guides. But i can't get the result. If anybody know that how to do this, kindly guide me.

Thilag,

Based on the curves you have, I don't think you'll be able to use a Mult-Section Solid for this. I suggest you try a Sweep in the Generative Shape Design workbench. (the CATIA Sweep is probably very similar to Pro-E's Variable Section Sweep)

I attempted to use a Sweep myself. But I had problems with the top profile curve and the way it dips down below the center curves. Please check your data.

It would also help to add a ending profile in the center of the main valve body.

Last edited:
Looks good, and the Multi-Section Solid worked! Did you add Spline.1 at the end?

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back