Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

changing b/w platforms

kirankoushik86

i was playing around with the options in catia v5 r18, i am a newbie..
i changed platform from dedfault p2 to p3, suddenly all the toolbars vanished and i got a command box on the right bottom corner, i am not able to retrive back the toolbars neither change back to p2 platform, can u pls guide me

Restart CATIA, and then use Tools + Options. In the General section, under the General tab is the option to reset the platform back to P2. (see attachment below)

Attachments

• P2license.JPG
    P2license.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 11
but i have lost all the toolbars, this is how my screen looks when i run catia now, it is asking for a text command to be entered at the right bottom of the screen..i dont know any text commands or shortcuts for the options window.. :(

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 5
Yikes - I've never seen CATIA without the standard windows toolbar before. I'm not sure what to do now.

thanks a lot for ur help MrCATIA :)

the link u provided worked, but like stated in the link i didnt get the options of p1, p2 and p3 for a mouse hover along the expected space. i had to click blindly where i expected platform p2 to be present.. i did and the screen did change, i got back all the toolbars..

but.. lol

it's now stuck with platform p1, even when i change to platform p2 the display is showing of that of p1.. even tried rebooting my system but it's stuck with p1.. so instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, i created another user account for catia usage.. it works perfectly fine there..

tks for your help again,
by chance u come to know how to reset it to p2 so that the display icons are normal again, i will be glad.. :)

kiran koushik

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back