Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Changing default visual style?

Benard

I want to know whether there is any way to change the visual style applied to new drawings from the default 3D shaded perspective view. So far I've been unable to find any reference to changing this setting, and each new session or drawing requires application of the 2D style, then plan, etc. Any suggestions?

The way to change your default template is: Go to Options > Files > Template Settings > Default Template Change it from Acad3D.DWT to Acad.DWT
Or you can do this by going to Options > System > Enable "Show All Warning Messages" and Click OK and then Restart AutoCAD, When the dialog shows up asking for the workspace. Choose 2D and you'll be set. If you know for sure you *always* want that default, then you can enable "Do not show me again".

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back