Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Click ok to terminate

muahaha

In part design I have no problem using the function like line, point etc but when I use the same function like line, cross section in drafting the error message "click ok to terminate" come out. Can anyone tell me why?

The OK To Terminate message could be caused by several things.

First thing to do is run the CATDUAV5 utility program to clean your CATIA file.

If the drawing is based on a large assembly, another thing to try is to turn on the Work with CACHE mode and generate your drawing views based on the CGR (this will reduce memory and hopefully minimize the CATIA crashes). However, there are some limitation when doing this.

Here's a link to the COE discussion forum suggesting it might be the graphics driver:
CATIA randomly closing - GDI\memory leaks\nvidia drivers ?? > Active Discussions > COE

Here's another COE link talking about CATSettings:
V5 R18 SP4 drawings constant crashing > Active Discussions > COE

Here's a link to the CATIAV5Forum focusing on the CATSettings and with some troubleshooting hints:
Runtime exception - CATIA Mechanical Design "Off Topic" - CATIAV5 Forum

And here's a link to the Eng-Tips Forum talking about memory as a potential cause:
CATIA products - Click OK to terminate!

I found this post on the Eng-Tips Forum pointing to uncertified hardware/software as a potential cause:
CATIA products - V5R17 Crash on Open, Vista64, 8GB Ram.

OK to Terminate is a common error message that frustrates all CATIA users. You could buy OK To Terminate shirts on Ebay, but it seems like they are no longer available

Last edited:
Sometimes... even the "ok to terminate" window crashes on me. Robbing me of my right to click the ok button. Cruel cruel world! :p

Close out catia.......lol, should be closed if it crashes.

Go into the catia settings under user profiles on the local drive.
Delete the 3 files associated with the drafting settings.

I have vista
C:\Users\roberth\AppData\Roaming\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings

DraftingOptions
DraftingSession
DraftingSession.CATPreferences

It should correct the issue.

click ok to terminate

Have you tried to traslate the section.
Sometime Catia generate this problem when the section arrive on a bad shape.

Close out catia.......lol, should be closed if it crashes.

Go into the catia settings under user profiles on the local drive.
Delete the 3 files associated with the drafting settings.

I have vista
C:\Users\roberth\AppData\Roaming\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings

DraftingOptions
DraftingSession
DraftingSession.CATPreferences

It should correct the issue.

Seriously, this works.........I had the same issue that you are describing.
Did you try it?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back