Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Combining two different sketches in one

rbarata

Hello, my friends

I'm working on a part and created two different sketches on the same plane. Is it possible to merge them to create a third new sketch?

Thank you

Yes.

Assuming you want to keep the first two sketches, you can Project geometry from Sketch1 and Sketch2 into Sketch3. This will create a link - changes made to projected geometry in Sketch1 and Sketch2 will be modified in Sketch3.

Or, just Project geometry from Sketch1 into Sketch2.

If you want a new sketch but no longer want the two existing sketches, you can Copy & Paste the geometry in to the new Sketch, and then delete the old ones.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Another problem is that in sketch 1 and 2 there are common features (lines, sketch "borders", etc). Should I delete by hand all the duplicates? Or there is another way?

Thank you

Yes, you will have to delete the duplicate geometry yourself. There is no automatic delete tool for sketch geometry.

Last edited:
use Join command

Hi,

You can use join command in the shape design work bench to join the two different sketches into a single sketch. hope it helps.

Sudhakar.N

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back