Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Coming back to Catia engineering

Kult2015

Looking for some advice and need your opinion!

I worked as a design engineer for 6 years, mostly in Catia v4, then moved to another engineering field where didn’t use Catia at all. Now I would like to come back to engineering/drafting in Catia v5. As a result I have a bunch of questions, I would appreciate your advice!

1. is it possible to find an employer that provides on-site job training in Catia v5? Have you ever heard of that? I have already checked some on-site trainings, they are costly, about $2K for 40 hrs, or can be enrolled in college – sorry, don’t have time for that :mad:

2. The fastest and easiest way to learn Catia v5? Recommendations?

3. Based on your experience, will it be possible to come back to Catia v5 drafting/engineering (and I need to learn the ropes somehow), if there is gap in 5-6 years? Worked in technical support those 5-6 years, and didn’t use Catia or any CAD/CAM at all …

Thank you!

1. is it possible to find an employer that provides on-site job training in Catia v5? Have you ever heard of that? I have already checked some on-site trainings, they are costly, about $2K for 40 hrs, or can be enrolled in college!

Many CATIA companies provide CATIA training for new employees. Boeing does. Besides teaching how to use CATIA, they teach you their CATIA processes and best practices, the database and check-in/out steps, etc.

2. The fastest and easiest way to learn Catia v5? Recommendations?

Fastest, easiest, best way is to take an instructor-taught class to get supervised hands-on training from a Dassault certified teacher.

3. Based on your experience, will it be possible to come back to Catia v5 drafting/engineering (and I need to learn the ropes somehow), if there is gap in 5-6 years? Worked in technical support those 5-6 years, and didn’t use Catia or any CAD/CAM at all

Absolutely! It's like riding a bike - you never forget.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back