Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Contacts and coincident faces

screamloud

I have two objects,one is wrapping the other.So the two objects have coincident faces at the interface between them(Like 500 coincident faces ). When I do the assembly,and automatically search for contacts,none appear . therefore when i do a simulation,the wrapping object dives into the other object as if it wasn't there or they weren't touching. Please help me to find the contacts so i could run a simulation and the wrapping object stops at the second object bonded to it. thanks.

points and limit mate

Could you create a point(s) where the nearest points of contact are and do your analysis or mates using those points for reference instead of the whole object/ surface? If you've got 500 points, that would be pretty ridiculous though. If it's a simple relation, you could also do a limit mate.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back