Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Contoured Chair Seat Help

bsherer

Hello! I'm new to the forum, and I've been searching for some guidance to model out a contoured chair seat. Specifically I'm having difficulty modeling, for lack of a better term... "butt scoop". I've attached two pictures of the seat I'm working on. Any advise or links to other threads that could help me would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm self taught on Solidworks, so I'm sure it's easier than I think. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Metal Seat_1.jpg
    Metal Seat_1.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Metal Seat_2.jpg
    Metal Seat_2.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 2
The easiest way to do this is to have this chair scanned. Then you'll have an STL file that you can cut section through to start creating free from faces. i do however know that free form modelling is the easiest to do in perimetric based systems especially solid works so don't be too hard on yourself if you're struggling. I'm not sure if you have any money in what you are doing but we if you had that scanned we could pretty easily model up a set of faces that you would be able to utilize as a trim sheet to finalize your work?

Thanks,
Sean

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back