Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Converting scanned drawings to AutoCad 2006-2009

BeckMacer

We have many old paper drawings that we need to convert to dwg for space modifications. Does anyone have a recommended software package thar will allow for a fast convert to a usable autocad format?

We have many old paper drawings that we need to convert to dwg for space modifications. Does anyone have a recommended software package thar will allow for a fast convert to a usable autocad format?

Hello, I can see a way to do that, but it isn't that easy!! You have to scan you paper to PDF, if you can't do that you have to convert JPG to PDF on some drawer software, after get a PDF you are able to use some suites that convert quickly PDF to DWG...
You can have a 15 days free try on that link or find others like that.
PDF to DWG Converter, Convert pdf to dwg Accurately & Quickly

OBS: After convert you have to scale your drawings... probably!!!
I tip to do that is... Get a measure line as reference, and do line above the reference line with the length that should be. Than use Scale command "SC" on selected Draw (pick a place), choose for Reference pressing "R", and ENTER. Now you have to pick the reference line and bring that on the same scale of the line you did.

I hope that helps...

Hello, I can see a way to do that, but it isn't that easy!! You have to scan you paper to PDF, if you can't do that you have to convert JPG to PDF on some drawer software, after get a PDF you are able to use some suites that convert quickly PDF to DWG...
You can have a 15 days free try on that link or find others like that.
PDF to DWG Converter, Convert pdf to dwg Accurately & Quickly

OBS: After convert you have to scale your drawings... probably!!!
I tip to do that is... Get a measure line as reference, and do line above the reference line with the length that should be. Than use Scale command "SC" on selected Draw (pick a place), choose for Reference pressing "R", and ENTER. Now you have to pick the reference line and bring that on the same scale of the line you did.

I hope that helps...

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help very much!

You can find many shareware or software for converting Raster to vector files. The best one is Raster design from Autodesk .It's add on to Autocad.

With my prior experience I can tell you that no software work perfectly for converting Raster to Vector. The reasons behind this are

1. The image clarity has to be perfect. No distortions should be there
2. Texting is not done properly. Texting has to be done manually.
3. Some softwares has problem with Circle, Ellipse etc.
4. Linework generates lot many nodes/points.

The best way is to do the work manually(Unless you have perfect scans)

Hope this helps

Tom
www. indovance. com

Last edited:
Re: Jal Bagirathi Jaipur : Legal Manager

We provide Architectural 3D Modeling services to all architectural projects and it's elements like architectural, industrial building, interior / exterior, landscape detail, urban development, 3D sectional view, renovation, 3D perspective view, contour, 3D floor plan, interior / exterior fixtures, fixture assemblies for kitchen, bathroom, bed room, living room, modeling for 3D printing, low poly model for game and web etc.
Architectural 3D Modeling - Vikaz Infotech -- The Unified Source for your Buisness Solutions

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back