Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cost of CAD seats / license

AlexAdams

Hi this is my first post, I've been set an assignment for my engineering college course (HNC, years 3 & 4 after secondary school), one of the questions is to choose a software package to comple CFD, FEA and create geodesic forms with class A surfaces. Products to model include, aerodynamic low lift / drag wing mirrors and a crash helmet for car based motorsport.

I have to present a financial proposal to use a software & hardware system. I have to validate the financial outlay Vs the other options available, it's possible to present an option of hiring a license instead of outright purchase.

The questions I woud like help with:

The company I work for design with 2d Autocad and cannot really help with this subject.

A) The price of various suitable software packages for a single seat.
B) Opinions of the most suitable software package.

All I'm really aware of is NX and Catia, but I have no idea of price or if they are actaullay suitable for this application.

TIA Alex

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back