Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Create a chamfer in V5 with VB

dbwalters

Hello, I am trying to create a chamfer via VB and have been running into a problem using a BRep function:
Code:
            Set myRef = myPart.CreateReferenceFromName("")

Set myChamfer = myShapeFactory.AddNewChamfer(myRef, catTangencyChamfer, catTwoLengthChamfer, catNoReverseChamfer, 1.53924, 2.9972)

padName = myPad.Name     'previously created
            circleName = "GSM" + myHSCircleCtrRad.Name     'previously created
            planeName = "GSM" + myHSPlnTan.Name     'previously created

Set myNextRef = myPart.CreateReferenceFromBRepName("REdge:(Edge:(Face:(Brp:(padName;2);None:();Cf11:());Face:(Brp:(padName;0:(Brp:(circleName;(Brp:(planeName)))));None:();Cf11:());None:(Limits1:();Limits2:());Cf11:());WithTemporaryBody;WithoutBuildError;WithSelectingFeatureSupport;MFBRepVersion_CXR15)", myPad)
            myChamfer.AddElementToChamfer myNextRef
            myChamfer.Mode = catTwoLengthChamfer
            myChamfer.Propagation = catTangencyChamfer
            myChamfer.Orientation = catNoReverseChamfer

myPart.Update
I am able to previously create the a plane, the circle on the plane for the pad, and the pad itself. But, for some reason I am unable to chamfer the pad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back